Cambodia's climate, like that of the rest of South and Southeast Asia, is dominated by the southwest monsoon. Accordingly, it has two seaons, dry season and rainy season, the latter from mid-May to mid-October, which is the tourism's off-season. During the wet season rain showers are usually heavy, but not lasting. There are sunshine hours during the rainy season, too.
During the dry season months from November to April, there is much less rainfall, but it can occur. The river and lake levels sink and the soils get drier from month to month. In April and begin of May the air can be quiet dusty. From November to March the winds from the northeast are dry and cooler, they are called anti-monsoon. The southern part of the country, where the beach resorts are located, has a shorter dry season than the inland areas.
Temperatures are fairly uniform in the central plains of Cambodia, with an annual average around 25 °C (77.0 °F). January is the coolest and April is the hottest month. Maximum temperatures of higher than 32 °C (89.6 °F), are common, in April and begin of May they may rise to more than 38 °C (100.4 °F). Minimum temperatures rarely fall below 10 °C (50 °F).
The total annual precipitation average is between 1,000 and 1,500 millimeters (39.4 and 59.1 inch). The heaviest amounts fall along the southwest coast in front of Cambodia's highest mountain range, the Cardamom mountains, with 2,500 up to 5,000 millimeters.
Similar to other tropical countries, the relative humidity is high throughout the year, usually exceeding 90 percent at nighttime and about 50 percent during the daytime.
Some degree of flooding occurs almost every year. Tropical cyclones that often strike the coastline of Vietnam between August and October can cause heavy rainfall and floodings in Cambodia, too, but the storms are less devastating here.
- Bus and Boat Tickets
- Visa arrangements
- Hotel or Guesthouse reservation
- Transportation rentals
- Private or shared tours in Angkor
- Guided tours in many languages
- Holiday packages
- Tailor-made roundtours
- Pick-up service by car, mini-van, Bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap and, or Siem Reap to Bangkok, or any others place in Thailand. The Cambodian and Thailand drivers are both very fast, skilled and trust drivers. My driver will advise at every step what to do between border. My guide will take you through the border and we have an office on the border to explain the trip and border crossing. Easy, fast, comfortatble and reliable services.
- Temple visits in chronological historical order
Unique Asia Travel and Tours
We are not part of an international holding, we help to develop local tourist business.
Our company is run by locals and 100% owned by Cambodians.
For details, please check our page